Prediction on compact excavator market in 2023—What should we do? Before discussing the compact excavator market in 2023, we quickly reviewed the market value of compact excavators in the last few years. It gained a value of USD 6.5 billion in 2020.
Compact excavator value was at $ 6,550.50 million in 2020 and it is forecasted period of 2023-2028, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR 1 of 4.2% to reach USD 10.4 billion. Globally, the compact excavator market is expected to reach $10,243.30 million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 4.4% % between 2021 and 2030.
|CAGR||Compound Annual Growth Rate|
=time in years
A compact excavator is a construction equipment that assists in excavating, landscaping, and picking and placing beside construction, mining, and industrial sites. It is compact equipment with robust performance and is available at a low cost.
Besides this, the availability of advanced engines and superior power capabilities of compact excavators can perform optimally in small and narrow spaces. The rising popularity of robust and compact construction machines is the primary factor driving the compact excavator market growth. In addition, versatile benefits associated with mini excavators, like durability, small size, and superior maneuverability, are predicted to fuel the demand for mini excavators during the coming period.
The compact excavator market is segmented on size, type, end user, and region. When we take the type, the market is categorized into wheeled and tracked compact excavators. By size, it is divided into less than 4 tons and 4 tons to 10 tons. Based on the user, the market is categorized into landscaping, construction, and agriculture.
Region-wise, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa(LAMEA). Mini excavators are construction machines with different attachments, such as diapers, booms, or buckets mounted on a mobile platform, depending on the application. With these attachments, excavators help in landscaping, excavation, demolition, picking and placing, material handling, and construction projects, among other things.
Prediction on Compact Excavator Market
Infrastructural Growth Across the Globe to help the Market Growth of compact Excavator in 2023.
The global market for compact excavators is grown by the support given by regions like North America and Europe. Suppose the inflating disposable incomes grow, which is expected to catalyze the infrastructural growth in these regions; as a result, helping the market growth over the forecast period.
The Middle East and Africa are also witnessing a rising growth for compact excavators, owing to the rise in immigration, which has increased urbanization and consequently accelerated the demand for residential projects in the region. In the Asia Pacific region, especially in developing countries like China and India, increasing residential and non-residential projects promotes the market growth of mini excavators.
More, it is the prediction on the compact excavator market in 2023; the overall demand for more efficient, cost-effective, and productive excavators is expected to enhance the market growth of small excavators.
Compact Excavator Market Segmentation
A mini excavator, known as a compact excavator, either has an undercarriage or wheel made from rubber or steel. It usually has an operating range of 0.7–10 tons and is used for tasks traditionally done by the labor force. Compact excavator terminates the part of the tractor, mini truck, and pickups and makes the job easy, fast, efficient, versatile, economical, and compact. They are best for construction sites with tight spaces.
Compact Excavator Market By Region
Increasing Demand for Construction Activities to help the Market Growth of compact Excavators. The increasing demand for infrastructural development programs and construction activities worldwide drives small excavators’ market growth.
The in-progress residential construction and infrastructural development are expected to propel the market growth of small excavators over the forecast period. Furthermore, the extensive applications of mini excavator in the installation, maintenance, and restoration of gas pipelines and electric transmission networks is expected to accelerate the growth of the compact excavator industry.
Many other applications of small excavators include irrigational agricultural activities and railway maintenance. Further, technological advancements in the industry are expected to help the market grow in 2023 and the coming years.
Important Industry Players in the world compact Excavator Market
The report provides a detailed analysis of the following essential players in the worldwide compact excavator market, who cover their competitive landscape, capacity, and latest developments like to absorb, acquisitions, and investments, growth of capacity, and plant turnarounds: Caterpillar Inc., Hitachi Construction Machinery CO., Ltd., AB Volvo, JCB India Limited, Kobelco Construction Machinery Co., Ltd., Komatsu Ltd.
Compact excavator market and COVID-19 Impact
The COVID-19 pandemic had a severe effect on the worldwide economy as it devastated several businesses all over the world. The novel coronavirus has fastly spread throughout different countries and regions worldwide, wreaking havoc on people’s lives and the community.
Because of the fast diffusion of the pandemic, governments across various countries were compelled to impose a lockdown on their nations. So manufacturing facilities of various goods were temporarily closed. Moreover, the worldwide supply chain disrupts due to stringent government-imposed travel restrictions.
Factors of Market Growth
Easily transportable and Cost-efficient
When you buy or import construction equipment transporting it from one place to another is a common concern. Heavy equipment is more difficult, as well as more expensive, to transport. But Compact excavators, or smaller machines, are easier to transport since they fit into a pickup truck’s trailer or extended pickup beds.
Tiny excavators work the same way as larger excavators, as their size does not limit their functionality. They can still swing 360 degrees, while they are low in price than large excavators.
Fastly industrialization in developing countries
As a result of globalization, rapidly developing economies such as India, Brazil, Mexico, and China have witnessed rapid industrial expansion. Globalization has prompted international manufacturers to open factories in these countries.
The rising demand for mini excavator items is putting strain on their supply chain and logistics systems. As a result, demand for automated warehouses is increasing across industries, increasing demand for excavators.
Lack of knowledge about the operation of compact excavator
A lack of operator training is a significant factor causing many job site injuries, fatalities, and accidents. Compact excavators can accidentally come into contact with electric lines, and clearances from the wires and verified sources, such as government electrical safety instructions, are needed. Companies that want to maximize compact excavators’ productivity must devote more time and investment to properly training their workers.
Strategies Deployed in Mini Excavators Market
1. Komatsu started with its first electric micro excavator model, the PC01E-1 excavator; the new equipment is an electric version of Komatsu’s typically powered PC01 excavator. As the batteries are swappable, customers can continue work simply by exchanging them; the new electric motor also enables the PC01E-1 to offer high performance and achieve “more excavation than the conventional model in low revolutions.
Komatsu and Proterra announced a cooperation agreement on battery systems for electric construction equipment. Komatsu will employ Proterra’s high-performance battery systems to develop evidence of a concept electric excavator in 2021 before expected commercial production in 2023 to 2024.
2. In Mar 2022, Volvo Construction Equipment launched the ECR25 electric excavator. They feel proud to lead the charge by being the first major manufacturer to offer electric solutions to a region significant to the global construction equipment market. In Mar 2021, Volvo Construction Equipment, a subsidiary of Volvo Group, launched two new short-swing models: the ECR50 and ECR58.
The zero-tail-swing radius of the short-swing radius enables the excavators to work in confined spaces while reducing the risk of damage. The ECR50 features reinforced digging equipment, undercarriage, and hoods for increased durability; the next generation ECR58 has a 10% increased lifting capacity compared to the D-series. It also has a 5% greater bucket breakout force and 7% greater arm tear-out force, allowing customers to handle more significant attachments easily, even in challenging worksite conditions.
3. HIXEN is a leading excavator manufacturer in China with 13 years of experience. The products range from the smallest 0.8-ton mini excavator to the 23-ton hydraulic crawler excavator and have been supplied to more than 30 countries with a high reputation.
The excavator factory covers an area of 15,000 square meters and has modern automated production lines. Over 100 experienced technicians and professional service teams provide pre-sale, in-sale, and after-sale services for every valued customer.
4. Caterpillar is launched the new 4-tonne, Cat 304, and 5-tonne, Cat 305 CR, Next Generation compact Hydraulic Excavators. It is built with a new reduced radius design; the 304 features a narrow 1700-mm (66.9-in) track width, 254 mm (10 in) slimmer than the 304 E2, for more versatility and access to confined spaces.
While narrower, the design increases the performance, balance, and stability of the 4-tonne class model. The new engine on the 5-tonne class Excavator delivers nearly 9% greater power to increase machine performance. Its compact radius swing reduces overhang when working to the side, while its 1980-mm track width and new extra counterweight option help to optimize stability and lift performance in confined spaces.
5. Focusing on just the manufacturing and construction sectors of the economy, model simulations indicate that the AJP could help raise output by 3.5% by the end of 2023. It also drives a significant increase in construction infrastructure spending.
The private, local, state, and federal sectors are all expected to boom away with double-digit growth at least through next year and 2023.
6. Annual percentage increases from 2022 through 2025 are anticipated to be 29.4%, 26%, 12.5%, and 2.5%, respectively. That’s a total increase of 70% over four years. On the other hand, in 2015-2019, federal spending increased by just 4.8%. Growth of 33% is expected over the next four years. Funding from the private sector is expected to grow by 37%.
Analysis and Insights of the Compact Excavator Market
1. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the global Compact Excavator market size is estimated to increase by USD million in 2022. It is forecast to enhance the size of USD million by 2028 with a CAGR of % during 2022-2028.
Fully considering the economic health crisis, Electric Compact Excavator, accounting for % of the Compact Excavator global market in 2021, is projected to value at USD million by 2023, growing at a revised % CAGR from 2022 to 2028. At the same time, the Construction segment is altered to an % Compound Annual Growth Rate throughout this forecast period.
2. North America Compact Excavator market is estimated at USD million in 2021, while Europe is forecast to reach USD million by 2023.
3. The major manufacturers of Compact Excavator include Hitachi Construction Machinery, Caterpillar, Deere and Company, Volvo Construction Equip, Komatsu, Yanmar Holdings, Doosan Bobcat, Kubota Corp, and JCB, Inc., etc. In terms of revenue, the worldwide 3 most significant players had a % market share of Compact Excavator in 2021.
Compact Excavator Market Drivers and Restraints
The research report has included an analysis of factors that augment the market’s growth. It makes trends, restraints, and drivers that transform the market positively or negatively. The section also provides the scope of different segments and applications that can potentially affect the market in the future.
And also provides an analysis of each type’s volume of production in the global market from 2017 to 2023. Pricing analysis is in the report according to each type from 2017 to 2028, manufacturer from 2017 to 2022, and region from 2017 to 2022. A complete evaluation of the restraints included in the report portrays the contrast to drivers and gives room for strategic planning.
Factors that affect market growth are crucial as they can be understood to devise different bends for getting hold of the profitable opportunities in the ever-growing market. Additionally, insights into market experts’ opinions have been taken to understand the market better.
Key points of the Compact Excavator market
1. Deeply concerned about the Compact Excavator market, especially drivers, Trends, constraints, Restrictions, Opportunities, and major micro markets.
2. Comprehensive valuation of all prospects and threats in the depth study of industry strategies for the growth of the Compact Excavator market.
3. Check the latest innovations and practical procedures of the compact Excavator market.
4. Deep study about the growth conspiracy of the Compact Excavator market.
5. If you want more information about compact excavators, contact us.